[Asterisk-Users] CAPI and *

Armin Schindler armin at melware.de
Sat Dec 31 07:26:04 MST 2005

On Sat, 31 Dec 2005, Sascha Andres wrote:
> Hi,
> * Armin Schindler wrote on 31.12.2005 (12:47):
> > CAPI itself is very easy, but the card drivers are different...
> >
> > What problems do you have ?
>
> Every application (not only asterisk) complains that capi is
> not loaded. I do have two choices for my isdn card: AVM B1
> PCMCIA and Eicon Diva Mobile V90. I prefer the last on,
> because I have two of them and want to connect a isdn phone
> to it. I think the AVM card isn't capable running in nt
> mode.
>
> So far all modules are loaded and there doesn't seem to be an
> error in /var/log/messages.
>
> My loaded modules:
>
> ,----[ module_list ]-
> | divacapi              157188  0
> | divas                  69324  0
> | divadidd               11584  2 divacapi,divas
> | kernelcapi             44320  7 b1pci,b1dma,b1pcmcia,b1,divacapi,capidrv,capi
> | b1pci                   9472  0
> | b1dma                  14980  1 b1pci
> | b1pcmcia                6528  0
> | b1                     21632  3 b1pci,b1dma,b1pcmcia
> | capidrv                27572  0
> | isdn                  121196  1 capidrv
> | capi                   16960  0
> | capifs                  5768  2 capi
> `----
>
> capiinfo shows the error 'capi not installed - No such
> device or adress (6)'. A google search brought some tips but
> they doesn't seem to be related to my problem. Most tips are
> for passive pci,iso or usb cards.
>
> When I shut down unloading capi complains about busy
> kernelcapi - not sure how to track this down.

The open-source diva driver (divas) does not support the Eicon Diva Mobile,
the Diva Server Cards are available only.
I don't know if the drivers from Eicon do support this card.
But anyway, I don't think this card is capable doing NT-mode.

The error 'capi not installed' just means, that there is no card/driver
registered which provides CAPI 2.0 interface.
For example the divas driver, just loading it (and divacapi) does not
provide a CAPI card. The card itself must be loaded with the firmware and
started (divactrl load command).

Armin