[Asterisk-Users] CAPI and *

Sascha Andres asterisk at livingit.de
Sat Dec 31 07:08:21 MST 2005

Hi,
* Armin Schindler wrote on 31.12.2005 (12:47):
> CAPI itself is very easy, but the card drivers are different...
>
> What problems do you have ?

Every application (not only asterisk) complains that capi is
not loaded. I do have two choices for my isdn card: AVM B1
PCMCIA and Eicon Diva Mobile V90. I prefer the last on,
because I have two of them and want to connect a isdn phone
to it. I think the AVM card isn't capable running in nt
mode.

So far all modules are loaded and there doesn't seem to be an
error in /var/log/messages.

My loaded modules:

,----[ module_list ]-
| divacapi              157188  0
| divas                  69324  0
| divadidd               11584  2 divacapi,divas
| kernelcapi             44320  7 b1pci,b1dma,b1pcmcia,b1,divacapi,capidrv,capi
| b1pci                   9472  0
| b1dma                  14980  1 b1pci
| b1pcmcia                6528  0
| b1                     21632  3 b1pci,b1dma,b1pcmcia
| capidrv                27572  0
| isdn                  121196  1 capidrv
| capi                   16960  0
| capifs                  5768  2 capi
`----

capiinfo shows the error 'capi not installed - No such
device or adress (6)'. A google search brought some tips but
they doesn't seem to be related to my problem. Most tips are
for passive pci,iso or usb cards.

When I shut down unloading capi complains about busy
kernelcapi - not sure how to track this down.

Kind regards and a happy new year,
Sascha

asterisk at livingit.de