[Asterisk-Users] wctdm module goes missing after a reboot - Gentoo?

Ryan Booz ryanb at energycap.com
Fri Dec 30 08:23:55 MST 2005

Hey all.

I have a Gentoo system with Asterisk 1.2 installed.  It's been working
great, for some reason the Zaptel module for my Wildcard TDM (wctdm) seems
to go missing anytime the server reboots, causing me to have to go to the
Zaptel source directory and do a quick "make install".  This is the first
Linux box I've administered in a number of years Gentoo's module stuff is a
bit unfamiliar to me.  Any idea what file is getting read at boot that's
taking "wctdm" out of the "modprobe" path?

Any help on how to solve the problem would be much appreciated.  As it
stands now, anytime I have to reboot the server, I have to manually login,
install the module and then start Asterisk.

Thanks!

Ryan Booz

Director of IT

Good Steward Software, LLC

111 Sowers Street, Suite 400

State College, PA 16801

Phone: 877-327-3702 x.26 (814-237-3744 x.26)

Fax: 719-623-0577

Visit us at www.energycap.com