[Asterisk-Users] What does "Page" application do?

janvb at caselaboratories.com janvb at caselaboratories.com
Thu Dec 29 10:57:37 MST 2005

Paging is a quite common feature on modern PABX's and means that anyone
can connect to any speakerphone to broadcast messages, in some cases
even if the phone is in use. The typical usage would be the company
secretary desperatly trying to get hold of someone and since that person
don't answer the phone she makes a broadcast call to a department or to
the entire company through the speaker-phones.

I am not familiar with the Asterisk implementation!

Jan