[Asterisk-Users] Conditional CODEC translation

Bogdan Moldovan bogdan.moldovan at modulo.ro
Thu Dec 29 06:28:30 MST 2005

Hello Leandro,

Indeed, your problem is a nice one.

I do not think this is possible to do this with *. If I am wrong, the list,
please correct me...

There are two ways of doing that:
1/. would be to have the IP phone have a logic that advertises the preferred
codec based on B-number. I do not know of any IP Phones that are able to do
that...
2/. would be to have * perform allow/disallow parameters based on the number
you have dialed.

Both would be interesting... Maybe we will implement this in LoudHush (for
the softphone side).

Could such a conditional codec be implemented on asterisk in a future
version?

Bogdan Moldovan
MODULO Consulting
"The Future Is Not What It Used To Be"