[Asterisk-Users] Conditional CODEC translation

Rehan AllahWala rehan at supertec.com
Thu Dec 29 04:31:41 MST 2005

Dear Leandro,

I do not think you can avoid the translation here, You must have the licences to be able
to talk to your provider OR you may want to allow your ip phone to use g729

I do not think there is any other way.

You can try the intel's trial version to see if that works for you, at no cost to you,
however its not for commercial usage.

Rehan

> We have a VoIP termination provider that allows g729.
>
> We would that internal calls (between our own IP phones) be handled using alaw, and outgoing
> calls using native forwarded g729 without translation (ie, not using asterisk g729 licenses). We
> need to avoid translations.
>
> WHAT WE HAVE NOW:
> IP Phone <--alaw--> IP Phone
> IP Phone <--alaw--> Asterisk <--g729--> VoIP provider
>
> (Phones are configured only to allow alaw and g729, provider is configured only to allow g729;
> however phones are never using g729)
>
> WHAT WE NEED:
> IP Phone <--alaw--> IP Phone
> IP Phone <--g729--> VoIP provider
>
> Please help me accomplish that.
> Thank you
>
> --
> Leandro Rzezak
> leandror at gmail.com

Super Technologies Inc., Pensacola, Florida
http://www.SuperTec.com - Technologies from tomorrow, Today!