[Asterisk-Users] Iterfacing with a Mitel PBX

Mark Phillips g7ltt at g7ltt.com
Wed Dec 28 17:21:34 MST 2005

This would not be the chosen method.

Also, you have connected an fxo device to an fxs device. This will
produce the results you have encountered. Connecting 2 fxo's or 2 fxs's
together would not produce anything as you have discovered.

The prefered method would be via a cross-over type T1/E1 interface. A
dial plan is then placed on each PBX so that all routes are known and as
many features as possible are maintained. Both PBX's think that the
other is the PSTN.

You could continue with you TDM400 card but you'd need 2 dial plans. 1
from the Mitel to the * box and vice versa. This would require you to
have an fxo to fxs connection from each box. this would limit you 2 a
total of 2 calls in each direction.

Mark, G7LTT/KC2ENI
Randolph, NJ
http://www.g7ltt.com