[Asterisk-Users] [Announce] Pending Web-MeetMe update

Dan Austin Dan_Austin at Phoenix.com
Tue Dec 27 17:26:59 MST 2005

[New Features]
1.  Added focus to the input textboxes on all pages, so there's one
less mouse click on each page.  Trivial, but something that would
likely trip some users up.

2.  Dynamic generation of year/month/day listboxes to prevent invalid
date selection.  The system still defaults to the current date, but
changing
the month or year will update the day listbox with the correct number of
days.

3.  Added 'Extend' and 'End Now' buttons to the monitor page.  The
'Extend' button adds 10 minutes to the conference.  I have not added
an 'Add Seats' button, and am not sure how critical it is.  I'd like to
avoid interface clutter if possible.

*********
4.  Call history report.  It is now possible to see who was in a
conference
and for how long.  There might be a small issue with this feature, as I
did
not see a clean way to add a 'Back' button.  At the moment the only way
out of this view is to select a menu item from the left side selections.

This functionallity requires a patch to app_meetme to add duration
statistics to the meetme_leave event.  There are a number of options
to accomplish this, but for my environment, this is the best.

It also uses a small PHP script that needs to be running to catch
the manager events.  The script is a little crude at the moment, and
does not deal well if Asterisk not available (crashed/stopped/etc),
but works fine under normal circumstances.

I can either make this feature optional and disabled by default, or
provide my app_meetme patch (all ready in Mantis).  I'd appreciate
comments on which people would prefer.
*********

While I am at it, if there happens to be a PHP guru lurking, I'd
appreciate
any comments on cleaning up the code.

I should have the new package ready by the end of the week.

Dan