[Asterisk-Users] PRI: This number has been disconnected

Francesco Peeters (Asterisk) francesco at fampeeters.com
Tue Dec 27 16:08:49 MST 2005

On Tue, December 27, 2005 23:37, Javier Ergas said:
> Hi,
>

> I'm running Asterisk at home 1.5 with TE110P E1 PRI in Chile.
>
> When calling an invalid number using, I expect to hear:
>
> "We're sorry you have reached a number which has been disconnected ..."
>
> And that is indeed what I hear when I dial out from [*] using analog FXO,
> or
> VoicePulse or NuPhone.  When I dial that same number trough the T1 / PRI
> interface however, I only hear the allison7/all-circuits-busy-now message.
>

> There was another issue like this in an old post
> (http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-users/2004-April/043597.html)
> but I think it isn't the same.

<SNIP>

I believe this has to do with the AMP macro's being used in A at H. I am
seeing similar things.

For instance: One issue I have is that when a route has multiple trunks,
and the first trunk after a while returns with 'NOANSWER', it merrily
continues to the next trunk, which is not quite the behavior I'd expect.
Especially as the primary trunk (IAX/VoipBuster) is *much* cheaper (ie
free) as compared to the second trunk (Zap/g1), but the switch is made
without any message. This could mean that you might be talking to someone
on a different trunk, and instead of a free call, be paying normal fees.

This could become expensive if you're calling the USA from Europe!...

I am currently looking in to ways to enhance those macro's to respond more
reliably, as well as return more useful information (busy tone on busy and
no-answer, number disconnected info, etc.) when needed.

If I do get to a satifactory set of macro's, I will put them up on the
Wiki and let the list know... (I'm just starting on doing manual
configuring, so it will be a tough job to crack, but also a learning
experience...)

--
F Peeters
  PIII 450 - 1 GB - * 1.2 - BRIstuff 0.3.0 Pre 1 - Florz patch