[Asterisk-Users] Stay away from Grandstream!

Chris Bagnall asterisk at minotaur.cc
Tue Dec 27 07:50:21 MST 2005

> We've contact Grandstream support, but they cannot help. Now
> we want to send devices to Grandstream for repair but they on
> longer reply mail!

This is where a good reseller is worth their weight in gold. Unless you're
buying massive quantities of the things (in which case a failure of 2 is
pretty good by my standards) you're unlikely to be dealing with Grandstream
directly anyway. Go back to the reseller who sold you the phones and get
*them* to deal with Grandstream.

FWIW, we've got 4 sites with GXP2000s, probably a total of 50 phones now,
out of which 2 have had issues - one had a dodgy power connector that meant
the slightest movement would power cycle the phone, the other had a dodgy
off-hook button (phone wouldn't always clear down properly). All in all,
even on my relatively small sample size, that's an acceptable failure rate.

In both cases, I phoned our distributor, informed them of the fault and they
had a courier deliver replacement phones to us the following day, and
collected the offending phones at the same time, all at no cost to us or our
clients.

> GXP-2000 was very buggy on attended call transfer, and the
> problem resolved only after upgrading using latest firmware.
> Overall GXP is OK, but customer support is terrible. Stay
> away from them!

What issues are you having with attended call transfer? In recent months
I've gone through a fair number of GXP2000 firmware versions and I can't say
any of them have had a problem with attended transfer.

Regards,

Chris