[Asterisk-Users] Stay away from Grandstream!

Rob Hillis rob at hillis.dyndns.org
Tue Dec 27 05:06:24 MST 2005

Steve Underwood wrote:
>> We have 2 GXP-2000 dead during automatic firmware upgrade. Devices
>> now send out only one ARP packet for default gateway resolution
>> during boot and nothing more!
>> We've contact Grandstream support, but they cannot help. Now we want
>> to send devices to Grandstream for repair but they on longer reply mail!
>> GXP-2000 was very buggy on attended call transfer, and the problem
>> resolved only after upgrading using latest firmware. Overall GXP is
>> OK, but customer support is terrible. Stay away from them!
> If you don't like bugs in IP phones, then stay away from IP phones
> completely. If you think your experience is bad, try T.38 support on
> practically any ATA box. :-)

<shudder>  We had all kinds of problems with this on the BosaNOVAs we
bought to upgrade our PABX interlinking from Rural Carrier (flower of
1950s technology) that was slowing dying, though had been quite reliable
for about 20 years before.

We /still/ haven't gotten it 100% right.  Every firmware fix we've
received from them has some flaw that makes the upgrade less attractive
than the apparent fixes.