[Asterisk-Users] Stay away from Grandstream!

Chris Albertson chrisalbertson90278 at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 26 21:00:51 MST 2005

Maybe a better way to say it is "Know the limitations of the GS phones
and don't try and use them outside of those limits."  Don't buy ANY
phone you've not tested and used yourself for use by a client.
My GS phone has worked fine for years.  Even if it were to fail
and had to be replaced buying two is still cheaper then one of
some of the others.  The trick is to use them (or anyhting else)
only when you know it will work.  That said, the GS 100 is not the
best thing to put on a receptionist's desk.

I've actually had pretty good luck, even getting to exchangeemail
one of thier engineers.

--- Elene Kinsky <admin at mapesoft.com> wrote:

> We have 2 GXP-2000 dead during automatic firmware upgrade. Devices
> now
> send out only one ARP packet for default gateway resolution during
> boot
> and nothing more!
> We've contact Grandstream support, but they cannot help. Now we want
> send devices to Grandstream for repair but they on longer reply mail!
> GXP-2000 was very buggy on attended call transfer, and the problem
> resolved only after upgrading using latest firmware. Overall GXP is
> OK,
> but customer support is terrible. Stay away from them!

Chris Albertson
  Home:   310-376-1029  chrisalbertson90278 at yahoo.com
  Cell:   310-990-7550
  Office: 310-336-5189  Christopher.J.Albertson at aero.org