[Asterisk-Users] Re: Eicon DIVA Server V-BRI questions

Stefan Tichy asterisk at pi4tel.de
Mon Dec 26 07:36:54 MST 2005

On Mon, Dec 26, 2005 at 02:51:39PM +0100, Jens Vagelpohl wrote:
> My second question remains: Do I need BRIStuff? I guess I don't

No, you don't.

You have to choose one (and only one) asterisk channel module ( chan_modem /
chan_capi / chan_misdn / chan_zap(britstuff) / chan_visdn / chan_sirrix )

Since you bought a Eicon Diva Server card you have to use chan_capi.
IMHO you should use current CVS source from
http://sourceforge.net/projects/chan-capi/
(or wait for chan_capi-cm-0.6.2)

> seeing how  defining a simple extensions context with just Answer()
> and Echo() works through chan_capi when I tell Asterisk not to load
> any of the chan_modem* and chan_zap, and the zaptel module is
> unloaded... :)

Just put "noload" statements in modules.conf.

ztdummy and zaptel kernel modules are necessary if you want to use
conferencing or iax trunking.

--
Stefan Tichy   <asterisk at pi4tel.de>