[Asterisk-Users] Eicon DIVA Server V-BRI questions

Jens Vagelpohl jens at dataflake.org
Mon Dec 26 06:51:39 MST 2005

On 26 Dec 2005, at 13:54, Jens Vagelpohl wrote:
> The problem I am having is that according to the isdn4linux page
> when calling in the card should recognize the call and note this
> in /var/log/messages (like "Call from X, ignored"). It does not do
> this at all. Also, if I disconnect the T-Com T-Eumex unit so that
> the server is the only ISDN unit connected to the NTBA and call in
> I get a message played back by the phone company that the number is
> not reachable. At that point the green Layer 1 light on the card
> turns off.

The mistake was in the D channel protocol - switching from 1TR6 to
EuroISDN allowed me to test the card successfully using the Eicon
tools. Asterisk now also shows the call coming in.

My second question remains: Do I need BRIStuff? I guess I don't
seeing how  defining a simple extensions context with just Answer()
and Echo() works through chan_capi when I tell Asterisk not to load
any of the chan_modem* and chan_zap, and the zaptel module is
unloaded... :)

jens