[Asterisk-Users] weird problem with sipura spa2000 and sound card pa setup

lee at michwave.com lee at michwave.com
Sun Dec 25 14:48:35 MST 2005

Hello,
     Just joined this list in hopes of getting an answer to my problem and
helping others in the future.  Anyways here is my problem

     I have asterisk 1.2.1 installed and setup the onboad sound card to
autoanswer in the alsa.conf file to act as a pa system.  I currently have the
extention setup to 66 to dial the sound card

exten => 66,1,Dial(Console/dsp)

If I dial it using my 7940 cisco phone, it works just fine.  If I dial it using
a cisco ata 186, it works just fine.  If i dial from a phone connected to a
sipura spa-2000 i get the following error.

    -- Executing Dial("SIP/sipura1-2-bbb8", "Console/dsp") in new stack
 << Call placed to 'dsp' on console >>
 << Auto-answered >>
    -- Called dsp
    -- ALSA/default answered SIP/sipura1-2-bbb8
Dec 26 04:55:14 ERROR[7332]: chan_alsa.c:643 alsa_write: Write error: Unknown
error 170
 << Hangup on console >>
  == Spawn extension (localphone, 66, 1) exited non-zero on
'SIP/sipura1-2-bbb8'

This leads me to believe I need to change a setting on the sipura for it must be
sending something asterisk doesn't like.  Other then this error, the sipura
works fine.  I can make and receive calls on it just fine thru either a true
voip connection or with my hard line with a x100p card.  I have tried dialing
the soundcard with 2 different sipura spa2000 and i get the same error with
both.  Anybody else run into this problem?

-Lee