[Asterisk-Users] Busy signal for incoming calls from broadvoice

Robert La Ferla robertlaferla at comcast.net
Sun Dec 25 11:02:25 MST 2005

Neil wrote:
> The problem appears to be with your settings. I have an identical
> configuration with my * box running behind a NAT firewall with the same
> firewall ports open.
>
> I have experienced the same problem before. If port forwarding is switched
> on then do NOT use the nat=yes and externalip/localnet settings - this
> breaks it.
>
> If using regular Asterisk, suggest you copy the exact settings from here:
> http://www.broadvoice.com/support_install_asterisk.html

Thanks.  I removed the nat=yes and externalip/localnet settings and
followed the BroadVoice instructions but it still does not work.    One
deviation from the BroadVoice settings is that I don't supply an
extension in the register entry.  I tried supplying one and it still
doesn't work.

my setting:
register =>
<phonenumber>@sip.broadvoice.com:<password>:<phonenumber>@sip.broadvoice.com

broadvoice setting:
register =>
<phonenumber>@sip.broadvoice.com:<password>:<phonenumber>@sip.broadvoice.com/<extension>
# Replace phonenumber with your account phone number,
# Replace password with your password
# Replace extension with one of your accessible extensions in the dial plan.

What should "extension" be?  I want * to answer all incoming calls and
not a specific extension.