[Asterisk-Users] Best Voip provider

trixter aka Bret McDanel trixter at 0xdecafbad.com
Sat Dec 24 08:30:11 MST 2005

On Sat, 2005-12-24 at 04:31 -0800, jonny hashem wrote:
> Hi list:
> i have a bad experience with voip providers , Any body
> knows a voip provider i can depend on and to trust
> with good rates and quality?

best is relative..  There is no single 'best'.

The 'best' provider for you may be different for me.  Think about the
following factors:

Good rates to where?  You need to find one that has the rates that you
want to the places that you actually call.

Good rates for what services?  You may want specific services, such as a
DID in a specific place, ability to connect asterisk directly (as
opposed to using an ATA with an FXO), voicemail, etc.

Good rates for what volume?  Residential calling plans are largely
cheaper than business class service.

Reliability and quality is also subjective.  Depending on where you are
located on the internet a provider may be reliable for you that I find
unreliable.  I may find one highly reliable but you cant connect to it
reasonably.  Generally this means that you need to get a list of
providers and traceroute/ping their servers to see how long it will
travel there and back again.  this will give you an indication of how
fast the server is in relation to you.

You may want to give a little more information on the type of service
that you want so that recommendations can be tailored to you
specifically as opposed to giving you effectively a list of most voip
providers.

UK +44 870 340 4605   Germany +49 801 777 555 3402
US +1 360 207 0479 or +1 516 687 5200
FreeWorldDialup: 635378