[Asterisk-Users] What hardware fits my needs?

Michael Sampson msampson at yourccsteam.com
Fri Dec 23 09:17:28 MST 2005

This sounds like a really easy system to set up with multiple servers.
 From what you are planning I would spread the load over 4 cheaper
servers rather than going for one expensive one. The main reason is to
ease up on the usage of your hard drives. Get 4 midrange systems, maybe
something like a P4 3.0 ghz. Setup a mirrored raid in each one with two
of the biggest hard drives you can find. And get a dual port T-1 card
for each server. You can have two T-1s coming into each server and be
able to handle 184 calls at once. Or you could have one T-1 going into
each system and use the other ports to bounce calls between servers if
needed. Then just have 5,000 DIDs going to each server.

Michael Sampson
Information Systems Manager
Customer Contact Services
msampson at yourccsteam.com