[Asterisk-Users] wav to g729

Max Blackmer max at knowledgepowerit.com
Fri Dec 23 09:16:57 MST 2005

It may save on space but at the cost of transcoding cpu usage you might
want to reconsider leaving it gsm or go to wav format especially if you
are using a voip provider. Most limit there codecs to G.711. which
require transcoding with a loss of sound quality. If you have all g729
then it will do well. once you get involved with transcoding you eat cpu
cycles.