[Asterisk-Users] IAXy provisioning not working

Mojo with Horan & Company, LLC mojo at horanappraisals.com
Wed Dec 21 15:33:24 MST 2005

This happened to me when they had been provisioned to use a non-standard
port.  back then I had to edit the iaxyprov.c or provision.c, I can't
remember, to manually specify the port I new the iaxy to be
communicating with.  It had to be provisioned through that same port or
it would not respond.  Nowadays I notice the iaxyprov command has a
[:port] command line parameter and this might help this situation.

I used tcpdump to determine what port the iaxy was using.  When it was
powered up it was trying to connect to the previous owner's ip and port
4567 instead of 4569, and this connection was failing.  But at least the
4567 had been gleaned and I could finally fix it!

Leandro Martini - ISAT DGL wrote:

> Hello guys
>
> I´m facing some problems on provisioning 2 IAXy devices on our network. I
> haveinstalled iaxprov and run the application on another device and it
> worked first time, but when I started doing it on the other devices it
> simply doesn´t work.
>
> The device gats an Ip from DHCP server, I get the configuration and when
> running iaxyprov I get the following messages
>
> mula:/usr/src/trunk# ./iaxyprov 10.0.100.120 iax.conf.exemplo
> 01:
>
> 05:
>         11 d9
> 0d:
>         00 00 00 04
> 0f:
>         0a 00 64 7d
> 10:
>         11 d9
> 13:
>         c8 c4 e2 04
> 06:
>         69 61 78 79 75 73 72 31
> 07:
>         70 61 73 73 77 64 69 61 78 79 31
> 0c:
>         00 00 00 05
> Provisioning is 57 bytes
> Total packet is 71 bytes
>
> The device is working properly, I can ping it, but it does not allow to
> provision it.
>
> Is there anything missing to help solve this issue ?
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Leandro Martini

Mojo <mojo at horanappraisals.com>
Office Manger, Horan & Company, LLC