[Asterisk-Users] New To Asterisk/POTS - Hardware Setup Questi on

john at cusick.ws john at cusick.ws
Wed Dec 21 12:05:46 MST 2005

With pen in hand, Colin Anderson succussfully stormed bulwarks which
others armed with sword and excommunication have been repulsed, and said
> Um, not trying to be a smartass, but a simple 2 way splitter like the one
> you get in the dollar store would do the trick nicely. Then you could just
> plug in a POTS phone and turn the ringer off. Don't think it would suck
> too
> much voltage so your FXO card shouldn't notice.
>
> hth

Great! I thought of that too, but not knowing the required voltage/current
levels made me hesitate even suggesting it. I think I have a couple of
those laying around in the bottom drawers in just about every room in the
house.

Thanks for a simple answer to what is probably percieved as a "simple"
question. :-)

John C.