[Asterisk-Users] UNREACHABLE PEER

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Tue Dec 20 05:57:00 MST 2005

> I have some remote users signed in tot he asterisk from various locations. Most of
them are fine but a couple of users every now and again will become unreachable

> Name/username               Host            Dyn Nat ACL Port     Status
> 100101692/100101692     xx.xx.xx.xx    D   N          50252    UNREACHABLE
>
> but ten minutes later and it will become reachable again. The sip config for the
phones are all the same:

> [xxxx]
> type=friend
> secret=xxxx
> context=users
> host=dynamic
> dtmfmode=info
> mailbox=xxxx
> callerid=Users Name<xxxxxxxxxxx>
> allow=ulaw,alaw
> qualify=yes
> nat=yes

Best guess... either the nat table in the user's firewall is timing
out, or, the phone's registration process is not re-registering after
some period of time.

Might try adding "qualify=5000" to the sip phone definition above,
which will simply cause a small packet to be sent to the user's phone
every five seconds (thus keeping the nat table updated).

If that doesn't work, and assuming the sip phone has adjustable timing
parameters, set the sip registration timeout value in the phone to
something smaller then what it is now. It's likely to be something
like 3600 seconds now.