[Asterisk-Users] ACD with polycom ip phones

BJ Weschke bweschke at gmail.com
Tue Dec 20 05:43:33 MST 2005

On 12/20/05, hgaillac-sip at yahoo.fr <hgaillac-sip at yahoo.fr> wrote:
> Hello Douglas,
>
> You can enable ACD in sip.cfg and phone.cfg of the
> polycom phones.
> Polycom send SUBSCRIBE to server .
>
> Harry
> --- Douglas Garstang <dgarstang at oneeighty.com> a écrit
> :
>
> > You can configure Asterisk to log an agent in/out of
> > an ACD Queue with AgentCallBacklogin, AddAgent etc,
> > just like with any other phone. The Polycom
> > themselves don't seem to display any sort of visual
> > indicater that an appearance is logged in/out
> > however, which is dissapointing. I'm sure you could
> > write an AGI script to fire upon dialling of a
> > number that could play a sound file indicating as
> > such.

 So, in theory, if the agent "channel" had a hint extension and
provided device state updates based on whether the agent was logged in
or out, this would probably work then as the buddy watch feature does
now with the Polycoms.

 This is probably worth some further investigation. :)

--
Bird's The Word Technologies, Inc.
http://www.btwtech.com/