[Asterisk-Users] HW Echo Cancellers

Steve Davies davies147 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 20 04:54:11 MST 2005

On 12/16/05, Jason Kim <asterjason at yahoo.com> wrote:

> To solve echo problems, I'm considering 2
> alternatives.
> 1> Sangoma A104d
>    - I can't find support for asterisk 1.2.1

This is an interesting possibilty too - Even if Asterisk 1.2.1 is not
yet supported. I currently make heavy use of the excellent A101/2 kit,
and from this (Google Cache) article:
http://www.google.com/search?q=cache:3AXi4YvnS80J:www.sangoma.com/company/news_releases/octasic.htm&hl=en
it seems that there will soon be an A102d, A104d and A108d available
on the market.

Given that only the A104d is available at present, can anyone give
feedback on this product from an asterisk/end-user point of view? Is
the EC any good? Does it solve your problems? Are the drivers stable?
How is the voice quality? What size of server CPU did you use/need?
etc etc etc... Any opinion would be useful to save us investing $$$s
at this stage :).

Many thanks,
Steve