[Asterisk-Users] Can't pass variables using Originate in PHPAGI 2.14

Anish Basu anish at softelinc.com
Mon Dec 19 09:08:06 MST 2005

No matter what I try, I can't seem to pass variables to the local channel
when using the Originate command through PHPAGI.  Here is a small snippet of
the PHP code:

**/
$channel = 'Local/warning at default/1';
$exten = '';
$context = '';
$priority = '';
$application = 'Meetme';
$data = '500|qt|1234';
$timeout = '20000';
$callerid = '';
$variable = 'minutes=5';
$account = '';
$async = true;
$actionid = rand();

$asm->Originate($channel, $exten, $context, $priority, $application, $data,
$timeout, $callerid, $variable, $account, $async, $actionid);
**/

The Originate command succeeds and joins one leg of the call to Meetme and
the other leg to the local extension warning in the context default.  But,
the variable ${minutes} is not useable in the dialplan.  NoOp(${minutes})
does not return anything.  I added some echo statements in the
phpagi-asmanager.php so that I could see the commands being passed to the
Asterisk manager:

Action: Originate
Channel: Local/warning at default/1
Application: Meetme