[Asterisk-Users] Teliax billing question

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Sat Dec 17 18:42:18 MST 2005

> I have a couple questions about Teliax, just hopeing some current customers might
shed some light on them.

> How reliable is a toll-free number from Teliax? Has anyone had any problems with it?

They have been very reliable for me. Once in a great while they'll have
a problem, but then every company does.

> The Pay as you go plan has a Billing of 60/1, what does that mean? My guess is 60
seconds minimum (does this apply for
> incoming AND outgoing, or just outgoing) and a period of 1 bill per month?

That sounds right. Calls are rounded up to the next whole minute. Billing is
once a month.

> For a total bill per month, it would be $.02 per outgoing minute (with a minimum of
60 seconds per call) and $.029/minute for
> incoming toll free (don't know if minimum time applies here) plus $4.99 for a
toll-free number, right?

Yes, that's right.

> Is there any other charges because of the toll free number?

Nope. (I haven't paid any attention, but I don't think there are any
taxes on it either.)

To say all of the above a little clearer.... all usage (regardless of
incoming or outgoing) is $0.02/min, except for incoming 800 calls that
are currently invoiced at $0.029/min. Then add $4.99/mo for each 800
or DID number, and that's it.

The pay as you go plan also supports an unlimited number (within reason)
of simultanous calls, so busy tone is essentially the result of how
you program your asterisk.

A rather nice feature is you give a credit card number and they will
automatically replenish/invoice you when needed, and you set the amount
on their web site as to how much you want them to replenish your account.
So, if you plan on low usage and replenish the account with $50.00, then
invoicing really occurs whenever your account runs out of funds, regardless
of whether its every two weeks or once in six months.

Quality of audio is very good, you get to choose the codec you want to
use, and you choose the CallerID that you want for outgoing calls.

After you sign up for their service you will be given a login userid and
password to access your account info. That web site leaves a little to be
desired in terms of clearity, as some configuration options are not very
clearly identified. But, once you know that, then its not difficult to
adjust your callerid, sip vs iax preference, codec preference, etc.

Rich