[Asterisk-Users] What is the best Dell Machine for Asterisk?

Matt Florell astmattf at gmail.com
Sat Dec 17 00:50:03 MST 2005

The best Dell for a production environment Asterisk server is no Dell
at all. They make some great workstations, but I've had many problems
with their servers(as have many others on this list) when trying to
use them in production for Asterisk. Take a look at the Digium
compatibility list:
http://www.digium.com/index.php?menu=compatibility

You will notice that there are several Dells on there as well. The
best solution is to build your own server with an Asus or SuperMicro
Motherboard in it or buy a SuperMicro system from one of the many
vendors that assemble systems with SuperMicro boards in them(just do a
google search for "supermicro servers").

Hope that helps,

MATT---