[Asterisk-Users] hint on Zap channels

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Fri Dec 16 08:39:28 MST 2005

C F wrote:
> Kevin, I'm not sure this would work here, but maybe it would.
> There was a bug posted about being able to use hint against local
> channels, would that not help him?
>
> http://bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=5779&nbn=4

No, the issue is that multiple ISDN devices are not distinct channels as
far as Asterisk is concerned; they are all 'Zap/1' with different
extensions behind that channel.

This is the same question as asking 'if I have a PRI connected to my
Panasonic PBX, can I use hints for all the extensions on that PBX'. It
won't work in Asterisk, because it's not aware of the actual endpoints,
only the channel that connects to them.