[Asterisk-Users] A rather big setup.

Mike Fedyk mfedyk at mikefedyk.com
Fri Dec 16 07:24:35 MST 2005

Tom Rymes wrote:

> Also, if these tenants are not related, then why not run more than
> one Asterisk server and avoid interconnecting them? Sure, you'll have
> multiple systems to maintain, but they will be smaller, less complex
> systems. Also, since each company is unrelated, there is little
> benefit to having them all on the same server (no need to dial
> between offices, etc)

I agree.  You have an exact multi-tenant setup.

I would take each of the E1 connections and plug them into a server, one
for each floor.  If one of the servers runs out of connectins on its E1,
then it can use the outbound lines from an * for another floor.  You do
not want the entire building to have an outage.

You happen to have 8 E1 and 8 floors, right?  If not, then you can have
any floors that don't have a direct E1 connection dial out through the *
servers that do have an E1.

Also, *do not* run fax over SIP if at all possible.  You will need
channel banks to handle the faxes.  Setup a hylafax server so each
tenant can receive faxes over email, and send them from their computers,
or just strike up a deal with efax for the building.

Mike