[Asterisk-Users] Connecting Meridian M8x24-DS to Asterisk - No DTMFtones

Philip Edelbrock phil at netroedge.com
Thu Dec 15 20:28:35 MST 2005

On Dec 15, 2005, at 6:23 PM, Steve Totaro wrote:

>> Sorry, this is slightly off topic, but I wonder if somebody has some
>> hints on getting our Meridian system to output DTMF tones to our
>> Asterisk box.  Simply put, when buttons as pressed, nothing happens.
>>
>> The Asterisk box has a 4 port Digium FXO card.
>>
>> This is what we've got:
>>
>> Meridian M8X24-DS
>> Meridian M12X0
>>
>> Thanks for any tips!
>>

>> Phil

Hey, thanks for the response.

I have another system (Toshiba) which works fine with it, so I'm
doubting that it's a issue specifically with the Asterisk server or
it being able to properly decode the tones.

> Have you put a butt set on the line and listen to see if there is DTMF
> and it is just not being recognized?

I've done similar tests where instead of the asterisk server, I used
a phone instead.  When buttons are hit, no tones are emitted from the
Meridian, but a little acknoledge beep on the Meridian phone is heard
as buttons are pressed.  It seems to me like a programming or some
other issue on the Meridian.  But, I don't know where to start to
correct it.  The tech is completely MIA after my call to set up an
appointment.  I might have to call another service group.  I'm fairly
competent at managing and building out Toshiba DK systems (I maintain
two DK40's), but this Meridian was sort of inherited from another
source.

Phil