[Asterisk-Users] background music...

Matt mhoppes at gmail.com
Thu Dec 15 07:55:47 MST 2005

Someone else may have a different answer, but I think that's an
"issue" with the cell network.   I've tried it with my CDMA cellular
phone and have seen the same thing.  The issue is not with the music.
It is the fact that the cell phone codec is not ment to encode music.
  I have a radio station streaming on my hold music and have called in
to listen to the radio station (I have an extension setup that just
puts me on hold).. and it will go from music (though sounding under
water) to being just "static".. and then back again depending on what
all is going on.