[Asterisk-Users] WishList - Devices that are (probably) not available yet [OFF-TOPIC]

Dhennys Pestana list at pestana.com.br
Wed Dec 14 21:22:46 MST 2005

Hello everybody!

I'm looking for three specific devices, but it's really difficult to find on the
web (or maybe I don't know to search). I was hoping someone could point me to
the right direction.

I understand this is a bit off-topic (not quite, you'll realize this is all
VoIP/Asterisk related), so feel free to mail me directly
(dhennyspestana[at]hotmail[dot]com) with suggestions or even quotations if you
can actually sell me something.

Here comes my hard-to-find list of devices:

#1 - Mobile phone (GSM preferrable) that can also act as a bluetooth audio
gateway. I want to use a phone as a regular cellular on the road, but this same
device should be able to act as a bluetooth headset/handsfree device so I can
also use it internally on a bluetooth network with skype, for example. It would
be very nice if this phone could also be a PDA, like SonyEricsson P900 or HP6300
series. I'm not sure this even exists, but it should... After all, it's not that
difficult to put a "headset inside a real phone".

#2 - PDA with a (minimum) 400Mhz processor and one slot for memory card
expansion. Must be GSM, must have GPRS+EDGE/Wi-Fi/Bluetooth connections and must
be able to run Windows Mobile because of the easy-to-use SIP softwares, like
SJPhone and X-Lite, and Microsoft Office applications. I had a HP6315
(http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/us/en/sm/WF06a/215348-64929-215381-314903-f60-430120.html)
in the past, used it for 15 days and realized it was not good enough for VoIP
applications because it has a very slow processor.

#3 - A VoIP gateway with all these features inside one single box:
- 2 FXS ports + 1 FXO port
- 2 (minimum) FastEthernet ports (1 LAN, 1 WAN), with QOS
- G729, G711 and G726 codecs, each one must be available for simultaneous use on
both FXS ports
- PPPoE/PPPoA authentication for DSL connections and DHCP (server and client)
- Wi-Fi 802.11g (preferrable, but it could be 802.11b)
The only device I was able to find until now is an AVM Fritz!Box
(http://www.avm.de/en/Produkte/FRITZBox/FRITZ_Box_Fon_WLAN/Technische_Details.html).
It's probably an excellent device, but certainly not cheap. I'm looking for
similar ones.

Thanks in advance. Any input on this matter will be highly appreciated.

Happy Holidays to everyone and each one of you.

Best Regards,

-Dhennys