[Asterisk-Users] SIP Subscription Storage Location

Douglas Garstang dgarstang at oneeighty.com
Wed Dec 14 21:12:06 MST 2005

I guess I'm not fully grasping it because I don't see it as a problem. So asterisk gets stopped and started. The subscriptions are still there if they are cached. Why is that a problem?

I think we would definitely make ourselves available for testing. What's the procedure for that? How do we let the powers that be know that we are interested in this feature, and would happily test it if available?

Another problem (probably because the subscriptions aren't keyed on extension like registrations) is that Asterisk will keep adding new subscriptions to existing ones. Every time a phone reboots, it sends a new subscription which Asterisk happily adds to the already growing list.
When that phone makes a call, every phone that is watching it gets a notification, including all the duplicates. I guess it doesn't seem to be breaking anything, but it's damn annoying and makes SIP traffic harder to debug. Throw a few thousand phones on there and you've got a mess.

Doug.