[Asterisk-Users] asterisk in real estate developments

Chris Bagnall asterisk at minotaur.cc
Tue Dec 13 18:07:54 MST 2005

> I was wondering if anyone has used asterisk in a real estate
> development project. I know someone that is developing a ~400
> home project and thought asterisk might be a possible
> alternative to the phone company and a way to offer more
> service to buyers.

How about deploying asterisk to support the contractor responsible for the
construction of these sites? Instead of developers (who are often on-site
for 6 months plus) relying purely on cellphones or asking the ILEC to
install a load of phone lines for them, stick an asterisk server in their
site office linked to a net connection, shove a load of cordless phones on a
channel bank at convenient points around the site and contractors are never
far from a phone.

This is something we're hopefully doing for a property developer in the new
year. It'll be interesting to see how well it all works out.

Regards,

Chris