[Asterisk-Users] Info request from Sangoma users

Matt Florell astmattf at gmail.com
Tue Dec 13 09:32:09 MST 2005

We use all Asus motherboards now, with single P4 processors(some with
512k, 1024k and 2048k L2 caches) We run most of them with HT on, no
issues there.

Also, if you are using the on-board RAID, it's not really a complete
LSILogic RAID, They(LSILogic) won't support it because Dell does
modifications to the hardware and firmware to "optimize" it's
performance. Many calls to Dell and LSILogic left me very frustrated
about this.

I now personally avoid Dell servers at almost all costs. (I've even
refused a free one offered to me) I've just had too many issues with
them in the past(and Compaq too). Now we build all of our servers
ourselves and can't be hapier about it. And with the money we save we
buy replacement parts to keep on hand and have a spare server ready to
replace any of our production servers at a moment's notice.

Good luck,

MATT---