[Asterisk-Users] Info request from Sangoma users

Gavin Hamill gdh at laterooms.com
Tue Dec 13 07:52:25 MST 2005

On Tue, 2005-12-13 at 14:32 +0100, Patrick wrote:

> Been a while since I used Asterisk on a Dell box but I remember I had to
> turn off HT. Have you tried that?

For sure, I've tried HT on and off, with 2.4 and 2.6 kernels :)

> or booting the kernel with "noht". On Dell boxes I have also seen some
> funky "NMI received for unknown reason. Dazed and confused" messages
> in /var/log/messages.

Yes I had those with the Digium card (before I returned it,
obviously :), although Digium support managed to solve those in the
driver.

> While you are at it reseat everything you can find :)

Feel the build quality :))

> As a test you can also disable the onboard nic and stick in a quality
> nic on its own interrupt to see if that helps. And off course disable in
> the BIOS everything that you do not use (serial/parallel/usb etc.).

All very sage advice - I have another box to try it on yet before
curling up in a corner and crying - I'll report back if I find anything
spectacularly wrong :)

Cheers,
Gavin.