[Asterisk-Users] NOTIFY Messages

Douglas Garstang dgarstang at oneeighty.com
Mon Dec 12 16:29:44 MST 2005

I reckon my chances of getting a reply on this are about zero.

We have polycom phones sending SUBSCRIBE messages to Asterisk (with SER in the middle). When the phone sends the SUBSCRIBE message to Asterisk, the message's Contact: field has the IP address of the phone. Great! However, when Asterisk sends out a NOTIFY message back to the phone, it put's it's OWN IP address (ie the IP address of the Asterisk box) in the Contact: header. The original phone's IP address is nowhere to be found. As a result, SER doesn't know how to route the NOTIFY message back to the phone!

I must be doing something wrong... I had this working once before. Anyone else dealt with this?

Thanks,
Doug.