[Asterisk-Users] Cisco 7940 Reboot

Patrick asterisk at puzzled.xs4all.nl
Mon Dec 12 15:37:53 MST 2005

On Mon, 2005-12-12 at 16:20 -0600, Aaron Daniel wrote:
> We do currently have the cisco's on their own vlan along with the
> servers, but I'm told vlan hopping is trivial so that's not considered
> secure... considering all you have to do is change a route on a box to
> get to the vlan.

Far from being the VLAN expert here but isn't it possible to tie a VLAN
to physical ports on the switch too? In that case how would adding a
route allow you to hop over to the phone's VLAN (realizing this point is
moot if the PC & phone share a single network cable instead of each
their own)?

Regards,
Patrick