[Asterisk-Users] Linux Partitions (before asterisk install)

Johnny Voice manhattanvoice at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 12 12:28:35 MST 2005

For my asterisk installation in my lab, I will install the Linux ES v4 distribution (with kernel 2.6) onto a Dell Power Edge 1650 with ~16GB of Raid-1 hard disk space.

  Before installing Linux, what should I set the following disk partitions to?:
  (root)/
  /boot
  swap
  /usr
  /home
  /tmp
  /var

  The Dell boot up disk (i.e. the Dell OpenManage disk, Configure Hard Drive section), shows this as the default:
    (root)/       1024MB
  /boot         100MB
  swap         2048MB
  /usr           5726MB
  /home       3547MB
  /tmp          512MB
  /var           512MB

  Do you think I should do something like this?
    (root)/       512MB
  /boot         100MB
  swap         2048MB
  /usr           10000MB