[Asterisk-Users] Mechanisms for Implementing a Common Contact Database

Philipp von Klitzing klitzing at pool.informatik.rwth-aachen.de
Mon Dec 12 04:45:49 MST 2005

Hi Douglas!

> 2. It'd be cool if the regcontext command actually did something.
> There's a myth out there that it does something like execute a command
> upon registration. Even the O'Reilly "The Future of Telephony" seems
> to think this. After reading some posts in the developer discussion I
> can say it doesn't. It would be great though, if upon registration
> from a phone, Asterisk could perform some action, say for example
> copying the registration to another Asterisk system.

I have some more reading for that might help you in your quest:

manager API & peer registration:

http://www.voip-
info.org/wiki/index.php?page=Asterisk+Manager+API+Action+Events
http://www.asteriskjava.org/latest/apidocs/net/sf/asterisk/manager/event/R
egistryEvent.html

hint and metermaid (not exactly what you are looking for, but still):
http://bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=5779

Cheers, Philipp