[Asterisk-Users] New Product ID.

Goran Donev gorand at dvvti.com
Sun Dec 11 23:03:18 MST 2005

I am asking all the VOIP Gurus and any developers out there if a product
exists and if not if anyone would want to help me develop such product.

With the onslaught of new homes that are wired with networking capabilities.
I was wondering if there is a product out there developed that can be used
by Asterisk for intercom systems in homes, business or multi-dwelling
buildings. I want to know if there is a system that you can install that
will use SIP as the communication mechanism but install in every room and
dial the extension of the rooms or do an extension that does a broadcast for
all the intercoms. If this product exists can someone tell me who makes it
and point me out to the websites. If not if someone is interested in
developing such a product and cobranding it let me know.

This unit would be an all in one system wall mounted in rooms that can be
used inside or outside of entrance doors without a special intercom system.

I believe that such a device would allow better marketing for Asterisk and
VOIP systems to make their entrance in the residential field. This would
allow builders to further push VOIP in their new dwellings.

Thanks.