[Asterisk-Users] Problem with Speex

hrishikesh shrivastaw shrivastaw at gmail.com
Mon Dec 12 02:45:06 MST 2005

Hi
I have installed asterisk 1.0.9 on my laptop which is running Redhat el3.

As it is when i use ulaw / alaw codecs my calls r easily getting thru
with good quality, but when i resort to speex i am getting the error
message on console : "chan_sip.c:2792 process_sdp: No compatible
codecs!"

my sip.conf looks like

[12]
type=friend
secret=kk
host=dynamic
canreinvite=no
disallow=all
allow=SPEEX
context=test_direct
dtmfmode=rfc2833
outgoinglimit=1
;incominglimit=1

[21]
type=friend
secret=amit
host=dynamic
canreinvite=no
disallow=all
allow=SPEEX
context=test_direct
dtmfmode=rfc2833
outgoinglimit=1
;incominglimit=1

I am also using a linksys PAP2NA so as to connect two Analogue phones,
 further i downloaded the latest version of speex for el3 and also the
libogg libraries. Further the devel package for speex is also
installed.

Still when i am making calls i am having problems with asterisk
console displaying the above mentioned codec related error message.

Regards

Hrishikesh shrivastaw
India