[Asterisk-Users] Small / embedded system recommendations

Chris Bagnall asterisk at minotaur.cc
Sun Dec 11 18:47:19 MST 2005

> Would anyone have recommendations for a small or embedded
> system suitable for running Asterisk on? Ideally, we'd like two boxes:
> - One using compact flash, and is fanless, with rapid booting.
> - One with a hard disk for voicemail, call recording, etc.
> Preferably they would be capable of bridging 60 calls Zap-Zap
> or Zap-SIP, but we're willing to consider less powerful
> systems. The ability to take a single Digium card is desirable.

We've recently ordered a pair of these:
http://www.soekris.com/net4801.htm

Which have a standard PCI slot into which I'm hoping a TDM card will work.
Their Belgian distributor (kd85.com) appears to have a nice range of
expanded cases that might (hopefully) take a TDM card. I'll find out when
they arrive I guess.

I'm not sure whether a 266Mhz processor would stand a hope in hell of
running 60 calls though - I'll leave that one for someone else to answer.
Fortunately our requirement is only for 4-6 concurrent calls.

Regards,

Chris