[Asterisk-Users] Attack dialing

trixter aka Bret McDanel trixter at 0xdecafbad.com
Sun Dec 11 15:56:19 MST 2005

On Sun, 2005-12-11 at 16:25 -0600, Rich Adamson wrote:

> The OP just happened to use incorrect words for a "pbx" feature that
> is rather well known as "camp-on". The majority (if not all manufacturers)
> do not allow the camp-on feature to be used with outside numbers; only pbx
> extensions.

there is an asterisk agi (may not be an agi but is a program, I think it
was an agi) to do this for radio stations, perhaps a google for that, I
dont remember the exact name used but do remember that someone was
speaking about mass dialing to a radio contest line and bridging to
their phone once it was connected.  I am sure that it can be modified to
do just one chanenl if that is desired.  If it doesnt exist a timeout
could most likely be easily added so that it doesnt continue to dial
after some period has elapsed.  For radio contests you most likely dont
want it to dial all day as the call in parts are short lived.

> In the commercial systems that I'm familiar with, if you call an extension
> that is busy, you press a predefined key for the system and hang up. The
> pbx then silently monitors for that extension to become available, and
> when it does, calls both the caller and the callee back, bridging the
> two together automatically. (Some systems use a destinctive ring for
> such camp-on return calls, and include the logic to test both exensions
> to be sure both are available before completing the camp-on return call.)

That works internally but not outside the pbx unless you do infact
redial the number over and over.  Unless that was included in your
definition of 'monitor' which was not clear.

UK +44 870 340 4605   Germany +49 801 777 555 3402
US +1 360 207 0479 or +1 516 687 5200
FreeWorldDialup: 635378