[Asterisk-Users] Problems with zaptel channels not properly being answered...

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Sat Dec 10 11:19:59 MST 2005

Comments inline...

> I have a TDM400P card with 2 incoming analog lines on it. I have a
> working dialplan for 2 IAX lines that work perfectly. I want these 2
> analog lines to also utilize my dialplan for both incoming and
> outgoing. However, as my config stands right now, any incoming calls
> from the analog lines aren't working perfectly yet.
>
> First, the analog calls are seen by Asterisk and Asterisk looks like
> it's picking the call up and the dialplan executes. I can see this
> all happening if I run "sudo asterisk -vvvv" from a command line and
> watch the console print out messages. However, from the analog
> caller's side, it sounds like Asterisk never picked up as you always
> hear ringing and that's all. I will place my /etc/zaptel.conf and /
> etc/asterisk/zapata.conf files inline with this message. Any
> suggestions are greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jim Hodapp
>
> ---------------- /etc/zaptel.conf -----------------
> loadzone=us
> defaultzone=us
> fxoks=1-2
> fxsks=3-4
>

> ---------------- /etc/asterisk/zapata.conf -----------------
> [trunkgroups]
>
> [channels]
>
> language=en
> context=default
> busydeteect=yes
> busycount=6
> echotraining=800
> echocancel=yes
> immediate=no
> usecallerid=yes
> callwaiting=yes
> hidecallerid=no
> threewaycalling=yes
> transfer=yes

In case you didn't realize it, the above parameters are inherieted by
the sections below assuming a parameter hasn't been redefined below.
So, there is no value for having echotraining=800 above, when its
also below (as one example only).

> ;;;;;;;[400]
> signalling=fxo_ks
> mailbox=400 at default
> echotraining=800
> echocancelwhenbridge=no
> echocancel=yes
> context=longdistance
> callprogress=no
> callerid="Bowen & Fenwick"<400>
> busydetect=no
> busycount=7
> channel => 1
>
> ;;;;;;;;[401]
> signalling=fxo_ks
> mailbox=401 at default
> echotraining=800
> echocancelwhenbridge=no
> echocancel=yes
> context=longdistance
> callprogress=no
> callerid="Conference Room #1<401>
> busydetect=no
> busycount=7
> channel => 2
>
> group=1
> signalling=fxo_ks       ; Drive a handset or other station device.
> context=default
> channel => 1-2

What are you trying to do with the above? You already defined channels
1 and 2, and now you're doing something more with "channel => 1-2"?

> group=2
> signalling=fxs_ks       ; Signals the phone company.
> context=longdistance
> channel => 3-4

>From what it would appear, channel 3 and 4 are your incoming pstn
lines. The majority of the parameters that you've used on channels
1 & 2 (telephones) really belong on channels 3 & 4. Examples include:
buydetect and busycount having nothing to do with telephones, but do
apply to fxo/pstn lines. Same with echotraining=800, echocancelwhenbridge=no
and echocancel=yes.

>From what I see above, channels 1 & 2 are your telephones and you first
defined them to be processed in your extensions.conf "longdistance" context.
Then you redefined those two channels to be processed in the "default"
context.

Your incoming pstn calls (channels 3 & 4) are also processed in the
"longdistance" context. Without you showing us what the "longdistance"
context looks like in extensions.conf, its impossible to know what your
trying to accomplish. My guess is that "longdistance" context (in
extensions.conf) does not have any dialplan statements in it to handle
the incoming calls.

So, I'd suggest changing your channels 3 & 4 to something like
 context=pstnline
and in your extensions.conf, put something like this:
[pstnline]
exten => s,1,NoOp,${CALLERID}
exten => s,2,Dial(Zap/1)

Rich