[Asterisk-Users] Problems with zaptel channels not properly being answered...

Jim Hodapp james.hodapp at inlifesciences.com
Sat Dec 10 10:46:41 MST 2005

I have a TDM400P card with 2 incoming analog lines on it. I have a
working dialplan for 2 IAX lines that work perfectly. I want these 2
analog lines to also utilize my dialplan for both incoming and
outgoing. However, as my config stands right now, any incoming calls
from the analog lines aren't working perfectly yet.

First, the analog calls are seen by Asterisk and Asterisk looks like
it's picking the call up and the dialplan executes. I can see this
all happening if I run "sudo asterisk -vvvv" from a command line and
watch the console print out messages. However, from the analog
caller's side, it sounds like Asterisk never picked up as you always
hear ringing and that's all. I will place my /etc/zaptel.conf and /
etc/asterisk/zapata.conf files inline with this message. Any
suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jim Hodapp

---------------- /etc/zaptel.conf -----------------
loadzone=us
defaultzone=us
fxoks=1-2
fxsks=3-4

---------------- /etc/asterisk/zapata.conf -----------------
[trunkgroups]

[channels]

language=en
context=default
busydeteect=yes
busycount=6
echotraining=800
echocancel=yes
immediate=no
usecallerid=yes
callwaiting=yes
hidecallerid=no
threewaycalling=yes
transfer=yes

;;;;;;;[400]
signalling=fxo_ks
mailbox=400 at default
echotraining=800
echocancelwhenbridge=no
echocancel=yes
context=longdistance
callprogress=no
callerid="Bowen & Fenwick"<400>
busydetect=no
busycount=7
channel => 1

;;;;;;;;[401]
signalling=fxo_ks
mailbox=401 at default
echotraining=800
echocancelwhenbridge=no
echocancel=yes
context=longdistance
callprogress=no
callerid="Conference Room #1<401>
busydetect=no
busycount=7
channel => 2

group=1
signalling=fxo_ks       ; Drive a handset or other station device.
context=default
channel => 1-2

group=2
signalling=fxs_ks       ; Signals the phone company.
context=longdistance
channel => 3-4