[Asterisk-Users] Q regarding dialling multiple phones (fwd)

Bob Purdon bobp at tekmax.com.au
Sat Dec 10 04:13:05 MST 2005

Hi all,

I did some digging, but couldn't find the answer I was seeking...

I have SNOM-360 phones, which have both a DND button, and we have implemented
DND in Asterisk itself also.

The problem arises when I dial SIP/301&SIP/302&SIP/303 and one of them has
pressed the DND button on the phone.

In my test case, 301 was set to DND and had no voicemail defined.  It caused
the incoming calls to get a busy tone as the call was answered and dropped.

I suspect, but haven't tried yet, that if one of those extensions was call
forwarded the incoming caller would be forwarded wherever the diversion went.

So, my question is how people setup asterisk to call multiple phones
simultaneously, without a DND at one of the extensions screwing it up?

Cheers.