[Asterisk-Users] Re: ztdummy on FC4

Tony Mountifield tony at softins.clara.co.uk
Fri Dec 9 09:55:09 MST 2005

In article <dnca48$abv$1 at sea.gmane.org>, Jim Duda <jim at duda.tzo.com> wrote:
> I did cvs update -A, which brought in new files.
>
> make clean
> make
> make install
> make config
> /etc/rc.d/init.d/zaptel restart
> lsmod | grep ztdummy
>
> Ztdummy is loaded.
>
> /etc/rc.d/init.d/asterisk restart
>
> lsmod | grep ztdummy
> ztdummy                 7816  0
> wcfxo                  17440  0
> wcte11xp               30496  0
> wct1xxp                21408  0
> wct4xxp               108352  0
> tor2                   94112  0
> zaptel                195076  12 ztdummy,wcfxo,wcte11xp,wct1xxp,wct4xxp,tor2
>
> I don't see the ztdummy module used, but I did last night.
>
> Musiconhold isn't slow like before, but certainly appears cleaner without
> ztdummy loaded.  But since ztdummy isn't even loaded, I don't think it has
> any effect.

Now you're confusing me, or confused. In what you just quoted, ztdummy is
the first in the list, just above wcfxo, and also listed as a caller of
the zaptel module.

However, firstly, do you have any Digium cards in the system? If not, you
should not have any modules loaded except for ztdummy and zaptel. tor2 and
the ones beginning with w are not required, and should be commented out
in your file /etc/rc.d/init.d/zaptel.

Look in that file for the MODULES and RMODULES lines, and set them to:

MODULES=ztdummy
RMODULES=ztdummy

This is assuming you don't have Digium cards installed. If you do, those
lines should list only the required drivers, and not ztdummy. You should
never load ztdummy if you have a Digium card.

> I'm still missing something ... Any ideas?

I'm still concerned you can't find reference to USE_RTC. In ztdummy.c
there should be some lines like the following, fairly near to top:

/*
 * NOTE: (only applies to kernel 2.6)
 * If using an i386 architecture without a PC real-time clock,
 * the #define USE_RTC should be commented out.
 */
#if defined(__i386__)
#if LINUX_VERSION_CODE >= VERSION_CODE(2,6,13)
#define USE_RTC
#else
#if 0
#define USE_RTC
#endif
#endif
#endif

And then there are #ifdef lines further down based on USE_RTC.

If you can't find those, then you *definitely* do not have the current version.

Also, you should edit the above section to change the "#if 0" to "#if 1"
(the "#if 0" was a panic reaction to a mistake, and unfortunately has never
been undone).

> Thanks so much for your help Tony.

You're welcome.

Cheers