[Asterisk-Users] Re: Ringtone when dialing

yusuf yusuf at ecntelecoms.com
Thu Dec 8 04:51:54 MST 2005

yusuf wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> can anyone tell me when (or how) * starts generating ring tone when a
> call is made.  The reason I ask this is I have an E1 coming from a PBX
> into my * box (CVS 19/07/2005). I have some intermittent problems.
>
> 1. Sometimes no ringtone is generated, so I dial a number, and the
> person answers, but you I did not hear it ring.
>
> 2. Sometimes ringtone is being generated too early.  A call is placed
> from a phone, when it hits *, the caller already hears it ringing, even
> before asterisk has sent the call out, via IAX or the the PSTN.
>
> I dont even now how how to replicate the problems, it just happens,
>
> Any suggestions,
>
> thanks

Hi, guys

I have made progress on 1. i.e.  I dont hear any ringtone when I dial a
number, I just hear the other person start speaking.  This is because
the device that I am calling sends a SIP message 183 Session Progress.
It used to work before, i.e. before when the device used to send SIP
message 180 Ringing.  Now they have changed the specification on the
device to send SIP 183.  Does asterisk recognise SIP 183.  What can I do
to get ringing tone back?

Any help is really appreciated

thanks,
yusuf