[Asterisk-Users] Ringtone when dialing

yusuf yusuf at ecntelecoms.com
Wed Dec 7 02:11:56 MST 2005

Hi all,

can anyone tell me when (or how) * starts generating ring tone when a
call is made.  The reason I ask this is I have an E1 coming from a PBX
into my * box (CVS 19/07/2005). I have some intermittent problems.

1. Sometimes no ringtone is generated, so I dial a number, and the
person answers, but you I did not hear it ring.

2. Sometimes ringtone is being generated too early.  A call is placed
from a phone, when it hits *, the caller already hears it ringing, even
before asterisk has sent the call out, via IAX or the the PSTN.

I dont even now how how to replicate the problems, it just happens,

Any suggestions,

thanks